The explosion sparked a massive fire at JJ's Restaurant on the Country Club Plaza around 6:00 p.m.
Firefighters discovered a body in the debris Wednesday morning. They have not yet been able to identify the victim.
At least 15 people were injured. Wednesday morning, six were still hospitalized, with three still in critical condition.
More than 100 firefighters battled the fire that forced many in the area from their homes.
The blast rattled windows and could be heard and felt blocks from the restaurant that had been in operation for 27 years.
The investigation continues but it is believed that a contractor might have struck a natural gas line.
People in the area reported a heavy odor of gas before the explosion. Some restaurant patrons left the restaurant before the fire due to the smell of gas.