Feel free to add or substitute other herbs of your choice (basil, thyme, oregano, mint).
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled if the skin is bitter, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh curly parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup unrefined extra virgin olive oil
- unrefined sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 lemon, strained
- Toss the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, onion and parsley together in a big mixing bowl but take care not to bruise the tomatoes too badly.
- When the vegetables and parsley are thoroughly mixed together so as to ensure that every spoonful of salad yields a little bit of cucumber, parsley, onion and tomato, pour the juice of one lemon and cup unrefined olive oil over the salad. Stir it again.
- Season the salad with unrefined sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories 98; Carbohydrates 8.5g; Dietary fiber 2.2g; Cholesterol 0mg; Fat 7.4g; Saturated fat 1.1g; Sodium 21mg; Protein 1.8g